sexta-feira, 20 de março de 2015

Braukunst 2015



After participating in one more Beer Festival in Germany I am glad to say that the beer scenario is changing all over the world, but changing for better.
Comparing with the same Festival from last year, I noticed some differences that made me glad.
First: there was huge amount of German craft beer, new and old ones. Definitely a difference from last year.
Second: some of these new German breweries are brewing styles that are not common in Germany neither the people are used to it.
Third: it is incredible how many young people were the new entrepreneurs, opening breweries around.
So let me tell you a bit of what I found interesting and was happy to see there.

Lammsbräu in Neumarkt: they brewed their first organic beer in 1977, and now they are proud to say that they have a whole line dedicated to organic production; all the ingredients come from specific producers that produce exclusive for them. They have a high quality organic Hefeweizen that I had to drink 3 of it just to make sure (just kidding, it was that good!) and an Imperial Chocolate Porter that makes you feel warm and feels like melting chocolate in your mouth. In addition, I want to thank them for all the attention and gifts I got. A special thanks to Julian for all the explanation given with all my questions!


Buddelship in Hamburg: they are relatively new brewery in Hamburg, and I had the opportunity to try some interesting beer from them, a Coffee IPA, which is brewed with coffee grains, what I have to admit, for a person like me, who likes coffee and likes IPA, that was an excellent idea! The aroma of espresso was intense and the flavor was rich. The coffee taste is not so prominent although its aroma keeps playing with your senses, challenging your palate the whole time. When I asked Simon, the brew master at Buddelship, about how he got this eccentricity in such unique beer, he told me that he add ground coffee together with the hops in the last part of boiling. Well I guess he got it right!



When I say young people opening breweries, the St. Erhard in Bamberg is the best example. Their region, Franconia, is where there are the biggest amount of microbreweries in the world, and some of them dating from 1400’s, but still they have the inspiration to open new ones and innovate in flavors and design. Christian Klemenz, the founder, innovate with 2 different styles that are a bit difficult to find in Germany and mainly in that area: Saison and IPA. Although their main brew is a Keller beer. They got the German Design Award, with special mention in 2014 with their printed on label bottle.
Nevertheless, talking about what called my attention in this brewery: the Saison. Different from the creators of the style, the Belgian ones, its characteristic are not so prominent, it is very fruity and fresh, but not very carbonated, what makes it perfect for the German taste. Although my favorite one from this brewery was the Farmer IPA with passion fruit e mango notes it was fresh and easy to drink since it did not show that final bitterness characteristic of mostly IPAs.




Doppelleu from Switzerland had a unique selection of beers. The one I tried the name is already fancy: Oak Wood Red Ale. Definitely a piece of art in the beer world. Alcohol volume of 6,5%, however it is not reflected to beer taste, which goes soft and easy, with its caramel and vanilla aroma and a bit of oak in the end. The taste is like a caramel candy. A beer to be careful!







Well, I guess that is all for the Braukunst, I wish I had had more time to try more beers and talk to more people! I hope I can visit some of these new breweries soon and try different and new types!


Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário